Flowing Tide Pub, Reno
What I have learned from my trivia travels boils down to this: never trust a weekend trivia night. The trivia I went to in Reno for my 25th birthday was truly awful, and I should have known that going in, because it was on a Saturday. I heard on Yelp that Flowing Tide is no longer doing trivia, thank god, because their food was actually really good. Now, what not to do as a trivia host:
1. Go up to teams between questions and tell them which answers are wrong
2. Use the phrase "bust a nut" repeatedly, at high volume, in front of nice families who are trying to play some wholesome trivia together
3. Hit on the clearly uncomfortable waitress over the microphone
4. Call a random hispanic guy who walks in "Jose" when that's not his name and you don't know him
5. Go up to a young couple after the game ends and tell the girl, unprompted, to keep her toenails painted because "he likes that"